UATP gets virtual with WEX, Etihad and Pros in the clouds, FlyDubai with Farelogix, and more…
This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for August 2015.
Wednesday 11 August 2015:
UATP selects WEX for virtual card plan
- The multi airline-owned payment network will use WEX to provide a virtual credit card system for the entire UATP network of carriers. Delta has been named as the launch carrier for the service, with others to follow, in a move to improve card acceptance for hotel and car rental purchases via airlines.
Etihad and Pros in the clouds
- The pair have expanded their long-term agreement to place the airline’s revenue management system to an upgraded cloud-based platform. The strategy is to put more of the airline’s tools into new systems so that they can used remotely in different locations around its growing empire.
Tuesday 4 August 2015:
FlyDubai picks Farelogix for merchandising services
- The Middle East-based carrier is now using the FLX Merchandise system provided by Farelogix. The platform will allow FlyDubai to offer ancillary products to both business and economy passengers, with other products expected in subsequent releases.
Monday 3 August 2015:
Intuitive finds voice
- Intuitive is enabling travel companies to take payments securely by phone has developed interactive voice response for its iVector reservation platform. The IVR technology enables companies to be PCI compliant by using an external automated system which is secure.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel pilots reporting tool
- CWT says 30 of its corporate customers are involved in a pilot of AnalytIQs, its new reporting service. The technology has been developed around a dashboard, which is customisable, and it enables travel managers to see their own data compared with other companies and CWT client averages. The plan is to extend the service to all customers later this year.
Multicom secures Middle East customer
- Dubai-based Afamia Tourism has signed up to use MultiCommerce, the card payment system developed by Multicom. Afamia will use the technology for international business transactions and hopes the system will remove time-consuming processes.
NB: Send links or releases related to travel systems directly to Tnooz via email.
NB2: Cogs and wheels image via Shutterstock.http://www.hotelglobe.net/uatp-gets-virtual-with-wex-etihad-and-pros-in-the-clouds-flydubai-with-farelogix-and-more/Best Hotels