Travelport has edge with Frontier, Booking Boss activates Expedia, and more…
This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel DISTRIBUTION in tourism and hospitality for January 2016.
Tuesday 12 January 2016:
Travelport agrees new deal for Frontier Airlines
- The latest long-term arrangement will see the airline’s fares and availability made available to all Travelport-connected agencies worldwide. The Colorado-based airline flies to destinations in the US, Mexico and around the Caribbean.
Booking Boss joins Expedia activities drive
- The Australia-based technology provider to tours and activity suppliers will give its customers access to and distribution via Expedia’s new Activities initiative, with bookings and availability in real-time to consumers. The API for tours and activities by Expedia was announced in late-2015.
Flyin signs Amadeus deal
- The Saudi Arabia-based online travel agency will use Amadeus for a range of tools to help advance its expansion in the Middle East. These include ancillary product technology as well as the Amadeus Ticket Changer.
Monday 11 January 2016:
Rezdy inks Expedia link-up
- Tour operator customers on the Rezdy platform will now be able to distribute through Expedia’s Activities channel, provided by its Local Expert platform. Products will be showcased in real-time and bookings will take place on Expedia.com and other global sites with the Activities channel. The Expedia API for tours and activities was announced in late-2015.
Friday 8 January 2016:
Ascott races to Alitrip
- Ascott International has becomes the first serviced apartments operator to list its inventory on Alitrip, the standalone travel site run by Alibaba Group. Ascott, which operates the Ascott, Citadines and Somerset brands, already has a flagship store on the site selling its Chinese properties. It will add its entire global portfolio to Alitrip by June this year.
Malmo Aviation takes Travelport branding tool
- The Swedish regional carrier will adopt the Rich Content and Branding element of Travelport’s Merchandising Platform, as part of a multi-year agreement, giving carriers the opportunity to display their fares and ancillary services on agent desktops in the same way as they do online.
NB: Travel distribution image via Shutterstock.http://www.hotelglobe.net/travelport-has-edge-with-frontier-booking-boss-activates-expedia-and-more/Best Hotels