Skyscanner networks with WAYN, Postbus stops at Distribusion, and more…
This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel DISTRIBUTION in tourism and hospitality for February 2016.
Friday 5 February 2016:
WAYN tries Skyscanner for flight search
- Travel-dedicated social network WAYN has enlisted the help of Skyscanner to provide a flight search channel for its members. It is the first time that Skyscanner has allowed a network such as WAYN to have use of its API, but it will be the third such metasearch agreement WAYN has had following previous contracts with Kayak and Momondo (the latter ending in 2013).
Distribusion stops for Postbus integration
- The second largest bus operator in Germany will have its network and tickets made available to Distribusion-connected online travel agencies and offline agents. Postbus rides to 120 destinations in Germany and neighbouring countries.
Thursday 4 February 2016:
TripAdvisor expands instant booking to new countries
- Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and South Africa join the launch markets of the UK and US in allowing visitors to the site’s metasearch channel to secure bookings without leaving the page. A global roll-out is expected during the first half of 2016.
Wednesday 3 February 2016:
eRevMax integrates HotelsByDay
- The day-time hotel rental app will have its inventory available on the eRevMax distribution platform through the deal. The eRexMax Channel Ecosystem connects properties to 150 distribution channels worldwide.
Tuesday 2 February 2016:
DHISCO lands Excite Holidays
- The online travel wholesaler will place its accommodation inventory into the DHISCO system has part of an expansion plan for distribution. The company sells accommodation in 150 countries to travel agencies, with offices in New Zealand, Europe and Asia.
Monday 1 February 2016:
Tourico Holidays plots car rental expansion
- The US-based travel wholesaler is to add Europcar, Advantage, E-Z and Dollar & Thrifty brands to its car rental distribution network alongside existing deals for Hertz, Avis and Enterprise. Overseeing the division will be Konni Marshall as vice president of business development, who most recently was at Hertz.
NB: Travel distribution image via Shutterstock.http://www.hotelglobe.net/skyscanner-networks-with-wayn-postbus-stops-at-distribusion-and-more/Best Hotels