Samsung kits MSC ships, TravelClick optimises with Sojern, and more…
This is a roundup of product news and announcements for travel SYSTEMS in tourism and hospitality for January 2016.
Thursday 14 January 2016:
Samsung hired to kit out MSC Cruises
- The technoloy giant will supply two new ships and the remaining seven in the fleet with a suite of equipment for both crew and passengers. The brief includes providing visual displays, crew mobile technology, medical equipment and printers.
TravelClick and Sojern unite for hotel marketing
- Under the agreement, TravelClick’s hotel customers around the world will be able to manage their digital marketing campaigns by using the Sojoern campaign optimisation engine. TravelClick has around 38,000 hotels in over 160 countries.
Monday 11 January 2016:
WorldHotels and GuestDriven unite for up-sell push
- Customer engagement platform GuestDriven will work with WorldHotels to deliver offers and other ancillary products ahead of a guest’s stay at a property. Examples include additional room services to guests via their mobile devices.
Thursday 7 January 2016:
KDS and BCD Travel give Neo to Societe Generale
- The pair will delpoy KDS’s Neo system with the financial services group so it can manage its door-to-door travel booking and expenses. The deal will cover bookings for some 11,000 users in five countries at Societe Generale.
Tuesday 5 January 2016:
Abu Dhabi Airports connects the tech
- SITA is to provide an airport management system, as well as check-in, kiosk, boarding area, baggage handling IT. The five-year contract will also include flight information display technology and follows the appointment of SITA to handle IT for the airport’s Midfield Terminal Building, currently under construction.
Gulf Air upgrades flight plan systems
- Sabre will extend its existing eight-year partnership with the Middle East-based airline for its AirCentre Flight Plan Manager technology. The platform allows the airline to manage its fuel, operations and planning systems.
NB: Travel systems image via Shutterstock.http://www.hotelglobe.net/samsung-kits-msc-ships-travelclick-optimises-with-sojern-and-more/Best Hotels